Correctly Adding An Agency to Google My Business
You have decided to work with a digital marketing agency for small businesses that will help you manage your website and website presence. That means providing them with access to some of your accounts such as the website, social media profiles, and your Google My Business Profile. Adding an agency to your Google My Business profile is beneficial because it allows them to do the following:
- View the current state of your Google My Business Profile
- Ensure that all the necessary information is accounted for in your profile
- Recommend improvements and strategies to increase local SEO
For all these reasons and more you will want to add your agency to your Google My Business Profile. Here are step by step directions for correctly adding an agency to Google My Business.
Getting Started: Adding an Agency to Google My Business
Only the owner of a Google My Business profile can invite additional users to own or manage their listing. By adding additional users to the profile, it lets users share the responsibilities of updating and maintaining the local search presence of a company. Depending on what level of access a person grants, users will have different levels of access to Google My Business. The benefit of being the owner of a Google My Business profile is that only owners can add or remove users. Follow these steps for adding an agency to Google My Business.
- Sign in to Google My Business
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you would like the agency to manage
- Click on the users section from the menu on the left (see screenshot below)
4. In the top right corner, click the “invite new managers icon
5. Enter the name or email address of the user you would like to add.
6. Select a role for your new user. You have the options of Owner, Manager, or Site Manager
- Owers and primary owners: have the same capabilities, but a primary owner cannot remove themselves from a listing until they transfer their primary ownership to another user. However, all owners can add other users to share management of a listing without having to share their password.
- Managers: have most of the capabilities of an owner, but don’t have the more sensitive capabilities (e.g. power to remove the listing or managing users).
- Site managers: Site managers have most of the capabilities of a manager, but don’t have access to edit all business information. When signed in to Google My Business, a site manager can request to upgrade to listing manager or owner of a verified listing. The listing owner can approve or deny the request.
7. Click invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
This window displays all active owners and managers, as well as people who have been invited to become an owner or manager of your profile.
When an invitation is accepted, the owners of the listing will be notified via email. All users in the account can view the names and email addresses od the owners and manager of the listing.
Looking for help managing and optimizing your Google My Business listing, contact MarketKeep!
MarketKeep is a digital marketing agency for small businesses and start-ups based in Towson, Md. Our goal is to help small business owners plan, place, and optimize their digital marketing strategies. MarketKeep is proud to offer our clients the following services:
Website Design – As a website design company we build websites that represent you and your brand and instantly builds a connection with your customers online. To learn more about our website design capabilities please contact our website designers.
SEO Company – As a Maryland SEO Company, we partner with small businesses to help grow their organic presence online through on-page, off-page, and reputation management techniques. To learn more about our SEO services for small businesses please contact our SEO team.
Pay Per Click Experts – As your SEM Agency MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your SEM campaigns so that you are maximizing your SEM campaign. To learn more about our SEM Services please contact our SEM team.
Social Media Management – Tired of running your social media accounts on a daily basis? Not sure what to post? As your Social Media Marketing Assistants MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your social media strategies. To connect contact our Social Media Management Team today.
Local SEO – So many of us rely on our phones to find businesses and products that are close by. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to connect with customers in your backyard. As a Local SEO agency MarketKeep helps to position your business online to acquire Local SEO searches. Learn more by contacting our Local SEO Agency Team.