Stats about Local SEO that will change the way you think
You are sitting at home when you realize that you have a leak all over your kitchen floor. You realize you need a plumber to fix the issue. What do you do? You immediately search for a plumber in your area online. If you see yourself in this scenario, you are not alone. Now here is the question, is your business ready to acquire a similar search? The importance of Local SEO cannot be stated enough. Nearly everyone performs this type of search on a weekly basis. Are you engaging with the customer in your backyard? Here are 3o+ mind-blowing stats about Local SEO that will display the importance of a Local SEO strategy.
30+ Stats about Local SEO
1. 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
2. 46% of all Google Searches are looking for local information. (GoGulf)
3. 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else. (SEO Tribunal)
4. Google accounts for over 72.47% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Baidu at 13.47%, Bing at 7.64%, and Yahoo at 4.74%. (NetMarketShare)
5. 61% of mobile searchers are more likely to contact a local business if they have a mobile-friendly website. (Hubspot Marketing Stats)
6. By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales. (Forrester)
7. 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the 1st page of local search results.
8. 18% of local smartphone searches led to a purchase within a day, whereas only 7% of non-local searches led to a sale. (Think with Google)
9. 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase. (SEO Tribunal)
10. During holiday seasons, 76% of consumers prefer shopping in physical stores. (Geo Marketing Report)
11. “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years. (Chat Meter)
12. 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code. (Think with Google)
13. 70% of customers visit a store based on information found online.
14. By using location-based coupons on mobile can lead to a 9916% increase in incremental mobile revenue. (WordStream)
15. Between 20% and 25% of organic traffic converts to a lead.
16. Search beats social media by more than 300% as a traffic source. (imForza)
17. Local search results in purchases 28% of the time. (Joel House Search Media)
18. Global retail eCommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion by 2021. (Hubspot Marketing Stats)
19. 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information. (Think With Google)
20. 61% of digital marketers treat search engine optimization as a top priority. (Hubspot Marketing Stats)
21. 50% of people who conduct mobile searches for a local business will visit the store within 1 day. (Search Engine Land)
22. More than three-quarters of searches for local businesses on mobile devices end up buying from local stores.
23. 33% of those who use mobile phones to search for local companies are looking for that location. (Hubspot Marketing Stats)
24. Almost 2 out of 3 smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies who use mobile sites or apps that are customized information to their Location. (Think with Google)
25. An average mobile user spends about 4 hours a day on their smartphone device.
26. 52.2% of all web traffic worldwide originated from a mobile phone.
27. 65% of people use their mobile phone in their buying moment. (Think with Google)
28. 71% of customers look to confirm an address on a search before visiting a new store.
29. 75% of smartphone users use their device 1st when performing a search. (Think with Google)
30. Only 44% of Local Retailers have claimed their Google My Business Profile.
MarketKeep is a digital marketing agency for small businesses and start-ups based in Towson, Md. Our goal is to help small business owners plan, place, and optimize their digital marketing strategies. MarketKeep is proud to offer our clients the following services:
Website Design – As a website design company we build websites that represent you and your brand and instantly builds a connection with your customers online. To learn more about our website design capabilities please contact our website designers.
SEO Company – As a Maryland SEO Company, we partner with small businesses to help grow their organic presence online through on-page, off-page, and reputation management techniques. To learn more about our SEO services for small businesses please contact our SEO team.
Pay Per Click Experts – As your SEM Agency MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your SEM campaigns so that you are maximizing your SEM campaign. To learn more about our SEM Services please contact our SEM team.
Social Media Management – Tired of running your social media accounts on a daily basis? Not sure what to post? As your Social Media Marketing Assistants MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your social media strategies. To connect contact our Social Media Management Team today.
Local SEO – So many of us rely on our phones to find businesses and products that are close by. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to connect with customers in your backyard. As a Local SEO agency MarketKeep helps to position your business online to acquire Local SEO searches. Learn more by contacting our Local SEO Agency Team.