The 6 Step Local SEO Guide for Accountants
The 6 Step Local SEO Strategy for Accountants
46% of all Google searches are location-based. As small business owners, it is our job not only to recognize this but to capitalize on it as well. A strong local SEO strategy is key to driving more people to your accounting practice and our 6 Step Local SEO Strategy for Accountants will help you to expand your presence locally and make sure that you are reaching your target audience in the moments that matter most to them.
Where does your website rank?
Get your SEO report to see not only where your website ranks for key search terms, but also your competitors too.
The 6 Step Local SEO Strategy for Accountants
There are many simple and effective ways to boost the visibility of your business in search results, and the great thing about Local SEO is that by increasing your efforts within this marketing strategy you will also be improving your marketing strategy for other channels such as social media, reputation management, and media outreach.
1. Properly Optimize Information on your Businesses’ Website
Your website is your most important and valuable online asset. So make sure that it is properly optimized to appear on the first page of Google for key searches related to your business. Here are a few ways you can ensure that your company is considered one of the top local search results:
- Choose a domain name that reflects your business type and its location. For example maybe choose something like Baltimoreaccountants.com. A domain name like this will include all the necessary ingredients for local SEO success.
- Try to add keywords on page titles that identify with your business, its services, and its location.
- Incorporate your business’ name, address, and phone number (NAP) information on each individual page of your website.
- Make sure that the content within your website includes as much information about your local area as possible.
2. Secure, Build, and Update Your Local Listings Online
One of the most effective ways to boost local SEO is to ensure the availability and consistency of your business’ listings across local directories or online citations. Google and other search engines are constantly scanning these sites to develop a stronger understanding of the local web and your business.
If your business is not listed on these sites, or even worse the information is incomplete or inaccurate you run the risk of negatively impacting your business’ placement in search results. Some steps you can take to ensure your are building out your local listings include:
- Using leading online citation websites such as Dexknows, Facebook, Yelp, and YP to ensure that your business is listed and you have “claimed” your profile.
- Build out your profile even further by including photos, videos, and your website URL so that your profile is informative and attractive to potential customers.
- Make sure to list your business in the appropriate categories so that it is properly optimized.
3. Build an Effective Link Strategy
Links from your website to other related websites and vice versa play a role in your business’ SEO success. That is because they help to establish authenticity and credibility for your business online. Here are some creative ways for you to get started with building an effective link strategy:
- Share links to your website via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Include links to your website in email newsletters and other online updates to your customers.
- Host or sponsor local events with your chamber of commerce, charity organizations, or other partnerships to form links back to your website.
- Create a local directory consisting of community resources.
- Remember to make sure that your link strategy is authentic.
4. Generate Reviews and Respond to Them
When someone leaves your business a review online it really boosts your local SEO presence. But it is equally important to remember to respond to them regardless of whether they are positive or negative.
- Encourage customers who have had a positive experience with your business to leave reviews for your business online. Whether asking them as they are leaving your business or sending them via email also be looking to add reviews to your website.
- Be proactive in responding to online reviews.
5. Engage on Social Regularly
When trying to get your name out there locally, remember to be social! The more proactive your social media strategy, the higher the likelihood is that your pages will attract followers. Try the following tactics to boost your local SEO strategy.
- Engage with customers on a variety of platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin. The more followers and engagement you receive the higher your pages will appear in search results.
- If you are in need of content that is engaging remember to stick with the basics. Focus on your products, recent promotions, or highlight stories of relevance to your customers. Be sure to respond to these via social media.
6. Look for Local Media Coverage
Media coverage of your business – especially from credible local news outlets will go a long way in boosting your SEO strategy. This sort of coverage can do wonders for your company since it is coming from a trusted local third-party source.
- Work towards developing relationships with local media and bloggers to encourage people to visit your business. Your PR efforts can result in positive articles, videos, or other forms of content coverage that will remain highly visible in search over the long-term and boost your company’s reputation.
Ready To Get Started?
View our available SEO Packages for Small Businesses.
MarketKeep is a digital marketing agency for small businesses and start-ups based in Towson, Md. Our goal is to help small business owners plan, place, and optimize their digital marketing strategies. MarketKeep is proud to offer our clients the following services:
Website Design – As a website design company we build websites that represent you and your brand and instantly builds a connection with your customers online. To learn more about our website design capabilities please contact our website designers.
SEO Company – As a Maryland SEO Company, we partner with small businesses to help grow their organic presence online through on-page, off-page, and reputation management techniques. To learn more about our SEO services for small businesses please contact our SEO team.
Pay Per Click Experts – As your SEM Agency MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your SEM campaigns so that you are maximizing your SEM campaign. To learn more about our SEM Services please contact our SEM team.
Social Media Management – Tired of running your social media accounts on a daily basis? Not sure what to post? As your Social Media Marketing Assistants MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your social media strategies. To connect contact our Social Media Management Team today.
Local SEO – So many of us rely on our phones to find businesses and products that are close by. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to connect with customers in your backyard. As a Local SEO agency MarketKeep helps to position your business online to acquire Local SEO searches. Learn more by contacting our Local SEO Agency Team.