How to use Google Posts and Connect With Customers Online
Google Posts is a feature within your Google My Business Account that allows people and businesses to create content that will be published directly to Google. This feature was created for business owners to connect with the customers locally and to help their website appear higher in Google Search Results for their name, or for services nearby. The problem with this service is that not many business owners know about Google Posts or how to utilize it properly. So that is why the team at MarketKeep, the digital marketing agency for small businesses, has created our post “How to Use Google Posts and Connect with Customers Online.”
How to use Google Posts
Here are the top things you need to know about Google Posts and how to properly use Google posts in order to maximize your return on your investment for your business.
- Use Google Posts to highlight sales, promotions, or unique selling propositions.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Google Posts has yet to have any direct impact on your search rankings, so keyword stuffing will just make your post look immature.
- The best size image to use for your main image is 750×750. If you use anything smaller than 250×250 your image will not be accepted.
- The first 100 characters of your post are what show up in the Knowledge Panel. Make sure these characters count!
- If you have multiple posts, your most recent one is the one that will appear first. Your older Google posts will appear in a carousel format.
- Try to make sure that your images are “center-weighted” so that they appear properly in search results, and Google does not accidentally crop anything out.
- Try to post often. Posts only stay live for a limited time, and there is no way to schedule posts at this time.
- Some business categories currently do not have the ability to use Google Posts, one of these is the “hotel” category.
- Animated GIFs and videos are not currently supported
How to use Google Posts and Why You Should
Google has recently started displaying Google Posts in the 3-Pack and Local Finder knowledge graph for general search queries. Google will pull highlights from your posts and display them in the Google 3-pack as you can see in the example below.
The trick is to focus on utilizing keywords that your website already ranks for to reinforce your search ranking and provide an added boost in your click-through-rate.
MarketKeep is a digital marketing agency for small businesses and start-ups based in Towson, Md. Our goal is to help small business owners plan, place, and optimize their digital marketing strategies. MarketKeep is proud to offer our clients the following services:
Website Design – As a website design company we build websites that represent you and your brand and instantly builds a connection with your customers online. To learn more about our website design capabilities please contact our website designers.
SEO Company – As a Maryland SEO Company, we partner with small businesses to help grow their organic presence online through on-page, off-page, and reputation management techniques. To learn more about our SEO services for small businesses please contact our SEO team.
Pay Per Click Experts – As your SEM Agency MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your SEM campaigns so that you are maximizing your SEM campaign. To learn more about our SEM Services please contact our SEM team.
Social Media Management – Tired of running your social media accounts on a daily basis? Not sure what to post? As your Social Media Marketing Assistants MarketKeep will plan, place, and optimize your social media strategies. To connect contact our Social Media Management Team today.
Local SEO – So many of us rely on our phones to find businesses and products that are close by. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to connect with customers in your backyard. As a Local SEO agency MarketKeep helps to position your business online to acquire Local SEO searches. Learn more by contacting our Local SEO Agency Team.