Market Your Small Business on Social Media Following These Steps
Answering the age-old question, how to market your small business on social media. Every small business owner recognizes that social media can no longer be something that we ignore. Social Media has the power to help you gain new customers, increase your income, and develop brand awareness for your business. Today every business needs to leverage the proper social media channels for their business in the best possible ways. Not because it is the “in thing” but because their target audience is hanging around and having meaningful conversations on these platforms. By giving your business brand the social media touch, you not only generate more business but you also begin to connect with your customers in more organic and meaningful ways. Social Media makes digital marketing easier on yourself. So at MarketKeep, the digital marketing agency for small businesses, we have put together some necessary steps to market your small business on social media.
Market Your Small Business on Social Media Following These Steps
Every small business owner recognizes that social media can no longer be something that we ignore. Social Media has the power to help you gain new customers, increase your income, and develop brand awareness for your business. Today every business needs to leverage the proper social media channels for their business in the best possible ways. Not because it is the “in thing” but because their target audience is hanging around and having meaningful conversations on these platforms. By giving your business brand the social media touch, you not only generate more business but you also begin to connect with your customers in more organic and meaningful ways. Social Media makes digital marketing easier on yourself. So at MarketKeep, the digital marketing agency for small businesses, we have put together some necessary steps to market your small business on social media.
Create Multiple Social Media Profiles on Multiple Platforms
The more social media profiles you have, the more platforms you have to reach your target audience. The problem becomes there are just so many types of social media platforms to choose from. Try to focus on the social media platforms that are used by your target audience and investigate how they engage, learn, and interact with other brands online. The top six social media platforms currently are as follows:
The advantage of being on platforms like the ones mentioned above is that we get to introduce our business and our products to everyone on those platforms. So make sure to engage, be resilient, and always be willing to try new things and be creative.
Define Your Goals First
Before you start posting and paying for social media ads make sure that you have a purpose or goal first. Many small business owners join social media so that they can generate more leads and awareness for their business. They also use social media as a way to stay engaged with their customers. Of course, those are not the only goals a business owner can have when it comes to marketing.
Social media can be used to offer better customer service or even drive sales. Once you define the purpose of advertising your business on social media, it will make meeting your marketing goals that much easier online.
Post Content Daily
Commit to posting ads and other forms of content on your social media channels daily. Although you need to be careful when marketing certain products online, you should feel compelled to share your company’s story online. Just always be careful when posting new content for your business, and make sure not to repeat the same social media posts time and time again.
Try to be fun when using social media. Give people a reason to follow your company on social media so that they can buy what you are selling. If your marketing strategy is not interesting, customers will not follow you. Try to follow these 7 steps when it comes to being creative on social media.
- Spend some time listening to how your customers engage on social media
- Consult with an expert like a social media influencer or social media agency
- Talk to your customers as they enter the store
- learn from innovative CMOs and marketers
- Analyze your posts to see what your audience viewed as positive, negative, or neutral posts
- Stay focused on your customer’s emotions
- Consider your resources (photos, testimonials, and videos)
Make friends online
Increasing your social media presence can benefit your business in ways you never imagined. Particularly when it comes to making friends with other influencers on your social media channels. Partner with other people in your industry who have larger social media presences. Ensure that they have a common interest with your company and your audience, and start to develop content together.
How to market your small business on social media successfully? Use Google Analytics
One of the best ways to track how successful your social media campaigns have been is by looking at Google Analytics. With Google Analytics, you can learn exactly what type of content your audience responds to and what social media networks they prefer. With this knowledge in hand, you can drive more traffic and leads to your website – while also proving the return on investment for your social media campaigns. Here are 8 reports you should look at on Google Analytics.
1. Overview Report – This report gives digital marketers a quick overview of how many people came to your website via social media platforms. It can also compare the different types of traffic to see which ones sent the most traffic to pages such as your online store, contact form, or services pages.
2. Network Referrals – Network referral reports provide digital marketings with engagement metrics from every social media network. With your network referrals report you will be able to see which social media platforms are giving you the best return on investment and assess the success of social media campaigns moving forward.
3. Data Hub Activity – Your Data hub activity report will show how many people are engaging with your website’s content and sharing it on their on social media networks.
4. Landing Pages Report – In your landing pages report you can see your engagement metrics for every individual URL on your website. You will also be able to track which social media network shared that particular URL the most.
5. Trackbacks – Your trackback report shows websites that are linking to your content and the content in which it was linked. This information will help you replicate the success of that page in the future, and also build strong relationships with influencers in your industry.
6. Conversions – Your conversions report will showcase the total number of conversions as well as the monetary value for each type of conversion you install in your website. This report is critical when trying to determine the value of your social media campaigns and your return on investment.
7. Plugins – Your plugin report will show you whether or not your social media sharing or plugins for your website are being clicked on, how often they are being clicked on, and for which type of content. This report will show you what type of content on your website is being shared the most, and on which social media platforms they are being shared on.
8. User Flow Report – Your user flow report provides you with a graphical representation of the path users took through your website. This report helps you to find whether users entered your website via a product page, or if they came through an organic search result. You can also look at the behaviors of users across different social media websites.